Our protocols and methods document is a work-in-progress as we are still digitizing physical protocols and notes. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need clarifications on any steps in the protocols.
Note that not all of these protocols are originated from the Alvarez-Buylla laboratory and our providing of them on this site does not constitute ownership of them. Laboratory methods have a long tradition of being passed down and around through multiple types of media which sometimes causes authorship to be lost. We apologize to any authors or contributors who worked on but are not acknowledged in this document.
Click here to download a copy of our methods document.
Topics covered in our method's document:
- BrdU Labelling
- Cryosectioning (human, rat, mouse)
- Electron Microscopy
- Ependymal flow assay
- General lab maintenace
- Intracerebral Virus delivery in mouse embryos
- Isolation of medial ganglionic eminence (MGE)
- Bacteria transformation
- Post-perfusion care of mouse brain tissue
- Reagent preparation
- Stereotaxic injection of vectors or molecules into the mouse brain
- Gavaging protocol
- Transcardial perfusion
- Vibratome sectioning
- Microm Microtome Cryostat HM 500 Instruction Manual
- Reichert-Jung Ultracut Instruction Manual (Ultramicrotome)